2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I called Total Protect(a partner of cross country) on june 21 , 2018 for repair service of my clothes washer. Total Protect first sent out Sears to repair my washer.

Sears would not work on the washer because technician could not find model and serial number. The second repairman was from a company called Speedy Air. The technician from Speedy Air determined that the washer needed a new motor and one was ordered. The technician came back in about two weeks with the motor to install.

After the technician installed the motor when he turned the washer to see if the motor was working and smoke came out of the control panel. The technician then said the washer had a bad board. Not sure if he caused the board to go bad when he turned on the washer after installing the motor. Said a new boar would have to be ordered.

several days later Speedy Air called and saidthey were unable to find a new board for my washer. Notified Total Protect what Speedy Air had said about the board. After several days had passed Total Protect/Cross Country said they were replacing my washer.

They have continued their delay tactics and have not replaced my washer. We have been without the use of a washer for 37 days(5 1/2 weeks) Way too long!

Reason of review: failure to replace my washer when it could not be fixed..

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Paying for a warranty yet living without working appliances, Paying for a warranty for 10 years cannot get washer replaced.

Comments

What possesses people to go without a washer, refrigerator, air conditioning, etc. for 5 1/2 weeks? Chalk it up to a lesson learned, and don’t waste any more money on home warranty companies.