Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I called into cross country for a heater issue on October 17th 2017. I had to call as the website they offered on which to place claims was not working.

When I called in I was given a "service order number" and the name of the person to call to set up the appointment. Three days goes by and I get no return call from the company that is supposed to come out and fix the heater. I call back into cross country and I am told the claim was cancelled. I asked why this was.

I was told to hold on and the person i spoke to would find out why it had been cancelled. I found that the "service order number" I was given at the time I called in on October 17th was an old service order number for repair of my air conditioning so they all thought is was in error and cancelled it. In the mean time the company that is supposed to come out and fix the heater is no longer working for cross country. So they find me another company 60 miles away from my home to do the repair.

I tried calling this company and no on answered the phone and there was no way to leave a message. Days on end like that calling into that company. Finally he answers one time and say he'll be out to diagnose it. I pay the $100 deductible and he says he'll be back out on the following Tuesday which is Tuesday November 13 at 8 AM.

He missed that appointment said he would be out the next day missed that appointment. Have not been able to get a hold of him since he has my money though. I have made calls into cross country on Oct 19, 20, 26, 27. More often than not I wait on hold for 40-50 MINUTES and then get hung up on when they can't answer my questions.

Another call in on November 3, which is when I find out that cross country is no longer the warranty company that is holding the warranty contract I paid for with. Now, I have to "sign up" with Total Home protect and start the whole process over. It is now November 27, 2017 and I still do not have any heat. My furnace will not come on.

They are as unresponsive as cross country was. Worse yet cross country sold me out so they would not have to deal with the lack of any company in my area to fix this furnace.

Review about: Cross Country Home Services Home Warranty.

Comments